Laura Flynn McCarthy
Laura is a freelance writer who specializes in parenting and children's health. She lives with her family in Bow, New Hampshire.
- Top 10 Questions About ADHD Medications for Children...Answered!
Before considering ADHD medication for your child, you want to know how they work, what... ADHD medications »
- Loving Someone with ADHD Is Easy...
...but living with them is another matter (especially if you're a neatnik). The good news:... more »
- 8 Tips For Your First School Meeting
When meeting with the school about your child's ADHD or learning disabilities, keep discussions friendly... more »
- Teaching Resilience to ADHD Children: Advice for Parents
Seven strategies to help parents teach their ADHD children how to bounce back from challenges... more »
- How Does Behavior Therapy Work?
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that doctors prescribe behavior therapy before medicine for preschoolers... more »
- What If You Could Hire a Life-with-ADHD Coach?
Your ADHD medication helps with focus and impulsitivity — but you still struggle with time... ADHD coaching»
- ADHD and Hormones: Symptoms in Teen Girls, Women
ADHD symptoms change during the course of a woman’s life. Here, we outline four stages... more »
- The Weight of ADHD On Your Marriage
If raising a child with ADHD can strain even the sturdiest marriage, imagine what it... more »
- Your ADHD Diagnosis Guide
A thorough evaluation of ADHD symptoms is complicated — as it should be to ensure... more »
- When Your ADHD Child Is the Bully
You may be used to your child being the victim of bullying, but what about... more »
- Medicate My 4-Year-Old?!
Revised guidelines give doctors the go-ahead to diagnose and treat ADHD in younger kids, but... Diagnosed younger, treated sooner »
- Your Child's ADHD Evaluation: 6 Diagnosis Essentials
To ensure the right diagnosis for your child, first focus on the doctor's workup. Learn... ADHD evaluation essentials »
- Train the Parent, Help the Child
Sometimes, medication alone does not turn around a child's negative behaviors. If you're a parent... more »
- ADHD Siblings: Sharing Your Attention Equally with Non-ADD Children
Expert advice for making sure that your children without ADHD also get the time and... more »
- Sibling Revelry
Five ways to keep the peace among your kids... more »
- How Parent-Training Programs Work
Children with ADHD are up to 11 times more likely than their peers to develop... Strategies for changing defiant behavior»
Tools & Checklists