Peter Jaksa, Ph.D.
Peter Jaksa, Ph.D., is president and Clinical Director of ADHD Centers and former president of the National Attention Deficit Disorder Association . He is a licensed clinical psychologist with over 25 years of experience working with people with ADHD, and is an adult with ADHD himself. He is the author of 25 Stupid Mistakes Parents Make and has provided numerous articles and interviews for the media, including The Wall Street Journal .
- This Sample Schedule May Just Save Your Sanity
Children with ADHD need routine. Reliable schedules for mornings, after school, and bedtime make a... more »
- Top 10 Routine Builders: Organization Help for Children with ADHD
Create better structure with our organization help for children with ADHD... more »
- A Great Summer Vacation for Your ADHD Child
Parenting tips to help make summer vacation a happy one for your ADHD child and... more »
- Help Your Teen Navigate ADHD On His Own Terms
How can parents best help treat their ADHD teens? On diagnosing and treatment for ADD/ADHD... ADHD teen diagnosis, treatment»
- Teens with ADD: Transitioning to Adulthood
How to help your ADD teen make a smooth transition to an adulthood with greater... Teens with ADD»
- Does Uncle Sam Really Want You?
Can you join the military with ADHD? The policy regarding enlistment has changed. Learn about... Applying for military service with ADHD»
- Ignored and Defied No More! How to Reclaim Parental Control
She doesn't listen to your rules. He seems immune to consequences. But you can get... more »
- "Perhaps ADHD Wasn't the Only Problem."
The signs and symptoms of learning disabilities are too often mistaken for ADHD in children... more »
- Discipline Your Teens Can Live With
Discipline strategies that will leave parents and ADHD teenagers on talking terms... more »
- "I Can't Do It All"
You watch like a hawk for danger, reinforce rules constantly, know the principal's extension by... more »
- The Truth About Your Child's Lying
Everyone tells a fib now and then. But children with ADHD are actually predisposed to... more »
- My Child Just Doesn't Listen! And More Frustrating Discipline Problems
Your child is funny, charming, and spontaneous — but sometimes, the traits that make you... more »
- Improve Your Child's Focus with ADD
10 steps to building better concentration at home and at school in your child with... more »
- Laughing Matters
How humor can reduce stress at home and strengthen the bond between you and your... more »
- The Allowance Rules: Teaching Money Skills to Kids with ADHD
An allowance is a great teaching tool for a child with ADHD – if parents... more »
- 15 Things I Wish Every Parent Knew About Raising a Child with ADHD
"Never take away the area of strength as a punishment, or as a way to... more »
- Sanity-Saving Strategies for the ADHD Executive
You manage people, projects, and processes, and you're great at what you do — but... Success with less stress »
- Allowance Do's and Don'ts
A regular allowance can help your kids learn the vital importance of saving. Here's what... more »
- What Doesn't Kill You...
...makes you frustrated, angry, and disheartened if you're a child with ADHD who faces challenges... more »