Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., MBA
Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., MBA, is a psychologist who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD. He is the author of More Attention, Less Deficit , and Understand Your Brain, Get More Done . Dr. Tuckman also has a podcast about ADHD that has over one hundred episodes and more than two million downloads and speaks about succeeding with ADHD at CHADD each year. He is a former vice president of ADDA and now has a practice in West Chester, Pennsylvania, where he works with adults and adolescents with attention challenges.
- "Perfect Is a Myth" — and Other Self-Esteem Boosters
Small ways to build up your confidence while accepting your imperfections — not their limitations... more »
- Don't Let ADD Ruin Your Work Reputation, Fixes for Four Common Mistakes
Don't let your boss and co-workers jump to negative conclusions about your work ethic and... more »
- Adult ADD Life Success...In 4 Steps
Follow these four habits of highly effective ADDers to triumph on the job. ... Better work performance, stronger relationships with Adult ADD»
- Using the Quotient System to Test for ADHD Symptoms
The quotient system is an ADHD test that uses a series of computerized performance tasks... What is the quotient system?»
- How to Get Stuff Done
Boost your productivity and restore people's faith in your abilities with this get-it-done guide for... Nagged no more »
- The Well-Timed Reminder
Timing is everything when it comes to remembering plans and tasks. Let these tips... Note to self... »
- Clue in to Cues to Avoid Social Slip-Ups
Decipher what people think about you with these tips (and some feedback from friends)... "I didn't even know I was doing that!" »
- 15 Good Habits Your Brain Craves (But Isn't Getting)
Runaway emotions cause more than drama. They undermine relationships, sap motivation, and lead to regretful... more »
- Control ADD...Before Symptoms Control You!
Let excuses take a backseat -- taking control of your ADD/ADHD will help you manage... more »
- "It Can't Be Time Already!"
Does a faulty sense of time leave you running late, rushing around, and losing track... Get time on your side »
- ADHD Makes It Difficult to Concentrate on Conversations
Are there any ADD coping strategies that could help me focus when talking to people?... more »
- Paying Attention During Conversation
"I sometimes have to ask people to repeat what they said because I often take... more »
- Helping a Partner Who Interrupts
"My fiancé talks too much and interrupts when we go out with friends. What can... more »
- Are You Afraid of Expressing Yourself?
"Although I can be very passionate about things, I find it difficult to express myself... more »
- To Tell or Not to Tell ... Someone They Have ADHD
I suspect that my sweet, wonderful daughter-in-law may have adult ADD. Should I speak with... more »
- Be a Better Bud
I have deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Although treatment is helping me, I need to improve... more »
- Have Trouble Maintaining Friendships?
Having difficulty making commitments to see your friends? Are you able to make commitments, but... Adult ADHD friendship tips»
- Interview Stress
Do you get nervous during job interviews? How to overcome anxiety and stress before and... Interview stress»
- ADHD and Caffeine: Does Caffeine Work as a Treatment for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)?
Considering caffeine as an ADD/ADHD treatment? Caffeine can help symptoms that are associated with attention... ADHD and caffeine»
- Grow Out of ADHD?
Is it possible to outgrow attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD/ADHD)? This is a common question... Grow out of ADHD»
- I Can’t Stay Focused During Sex
"When I am intimate with my husband, my mind wanders and I don't key into... Turned on, not tuned out »
- How Do I Explain All the Jobs I Had?
"I've had a lot of jobs -- 10 of them in five years. I am... Job-hopper's dilemma »
- Why Don’t I Want to Get Organized?
"I take ADHD medication, and it has helped me focus at work and at home... Cleaning? Feh! »
- New Skills for a New Hire
"I have a tough time developing relationships at a new job. Colleagues roll their eyes... Fitting in on the job »
- Why is an ADHD Diagnosis So Important?
"I heard that 80 to 90 percent of adults with ADHD haven't been diagnosed. I... Deeper understanding, real solutions »
- Grounding My Kids' Early-Morning Escapades
"Concerta is helping my boys in school, but it has not improved their impulsive morning... Worried about wandering »
- I Want to Like Myself More
I am an adult with ADHD, and I get along well with people. What people... How to move past the past »
- Interrupt Others in Conversation?
Can't wait to share your ideas -- at the expense of cutting others off mid-sentence?... How to curb this symptom»
- Talking About Adult ADHD
Whether you've been newly diagnosed with ADHD or are a seasoned ADHDer beginning a new... Telling others you have adult ADHD»
- Get More Done: 3 Expert-Recommended Tips
ADHD-friendly solutions for making tackling big projects more manageable -- and bearable... Adult ADD productivity boosters»
- When Loved Ones Refuse ADD/ADHD Diagnosis, Treatment
How to help someone you care about -- and suspect has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder... How to help your loved one with ADD/ADHD»
- Do Children Grow Out of Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)?
"I was diagnosed with oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) as a child," one reader tells us... oppositional defiant disorder in children and adults»
- ADHD Medicines: How to Get the Correct Dose
"How will I know if I have or my child has too high of a... ADHD medicine»
- Self-Esteem and ADHD
"It seems like people smell insecurity on me and I end up being a punching... Self-esteem and ADHD»
- Understanding ADHD
New to ADHD and hoping to learn more? Trying to explain to someone with ADHD... Do you understand ADHD?»
- How Can I Help My ADHD Student With Homework?
"My 11-year-old seems to grasp all his schoolwork, so I try to step back and... Helping ADHD students with homework»
- ADHD Medications: Do They Help Improve School Performance, Grades?
"My daughter is 14 and is 'twice exceptional,'" one reader tells us. "However, she seems... ADHD medications to improve school work, grades?»
- Nonmedication Treatments for Adult ADHD
Evaluating the latest research on treatments and therapies for adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder... more »
- Married with Special-Needs Children
Relationship advice for parents of kids with ADHD... more »
- ADD and Your Money
A concise Finances 101 book that's perfect for ADHD folks... more »
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Adult ADHD
How therapists can help ADHD adults with time management, organization, and project management. ... more »